NN/g's Usability Week helps you get up to speed on user experience best practices. i've attended this event few years ago and I can tell you that this one of the best one available so far.
The 7 days of in-depth, full-day courses tackles a wide range of topics such as:
- Interaction patterns and special user experience techniques for data-rich user interfaces
- Writing Compelling Digital Copy - web content for the way your audience thinks and behaves
- Visual Design Principles for UX Practitioners
- User Research Methods - how to pick the best UX research method for each stage in the development process
- Top Web UX Design Guidelines - the most important usability findings for improving website ROI, based on thousands of user studies worldwide
- UX metrics and quantitative usability studies to measure the effectiveness and business value of your design
- Wireframing and Prototyping - quick and cost-effective technique for identifying major usability issues early with sketches and paper. Perfect fit for Agile and Lean processes
- Information Architecture (IA) - Organize and structure information to improve findability and discoverability; menu Styles and UI components for effective navigation
- Emerging Patterns for Web Design - innovative trends that impact the user experience
- Usability Testing - do-it-yourself user tests: plan, conduct, and analyze your own studies, using in-person, remote, or online methods
- Analytics and User Experience - helping UX practitioners understand how to incorporate web analytics into their work.
You can choose which and how many courses you want to take during this week.
You can sign up for only one day or as many as 7. It all depends on the courses you'd like to take.
Training courses completed at this event may be applied toward UX Certification, provided that the related exams are passed within 35 calendar days of the final day of this event. Read more about UX Certification.
I highly recommend you subscribing to Alertbox newsletter. You will receive one brief email every week containing summaries of our latest articles about interface usability, website design, UX research and upcoming events from the Nielsen Norman Group.